Todd L. Beyer, DO
Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Fellow of the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgeons
- Laser Refractive Surgery/Corneal Transplantation/DLEK
- Advanced Cataract/Lens Implant Microsurgery
- General Ophthalmic Surgery
- Cosmetic and Reconstructive Eyelid Surgery, Oculofacial-plastic Surgery
- Endoscopic Brow Lifts, minimally invasive techniques
- Full and Partial Face Lifts/Contour ThreadLifts
- Botox Cosmetic Treatments
- Restylane Treatments
- Juvederm Treatments
- Radiesse Treatments
- Reconstruction of Eyelid Deformities/Skin Cancer Surgery
- American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeons, Fellow
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- International Society of Refractive Surgery (ISRS)
- Summit County Medical Society
- Barberton Citizens Hospital
- Robinson Memorial Hospital
- Summa Health System
- Cuyahoga Falls General Hospital
- 8th District Academy of Osteopathic Physicians & Surgeons, Vice President
- Ohio Health Care Policy Committee of the OOA, Past Board Member
Dr. Todd L Beyer is considered one of the “Top Ophthalmologists” in the United States and is board certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology. He now specializes in LASIK and Refractive surgery; Oculofacial-plastic surgery and Advanced Cataract/Lens Implant surgery.
Dr. Beyer is certified as an operator of the yag laser, excimer laser, argon laser CO2 laser and the erbium; yag laser, as well as being certified to perform Interlase LASIK flaps.
Dr. Beyer completed his residency in ophthalmology at St. Louis University in 1984, where he served as Chief Resident. He also provided treatment of advanced corneal disease, performed corneal transplants and eyelid reconstruction in Lima, Peru as part of the foreign exchange program at St. Louis University.
Dr. Beyer has lectured both nationally and internationally on refractive surgery and oculofacial-plastic surgery. He began performing refractive surgery in 1985. Dr. Beyer served as “co-investigator” for the FDA trial that eventually led to the approval of the current Visx laser now used to correct nearsightedness, farsightedness and astigmatism. He also performed LASIK surgery in China, where he was invited to train local ophthalmologists in cataract and refractive surgical techniques.
Dr. Beyer served as Clinical Assistant Professor and Director of Ophthalmology at the University of Health Sciences in Des Moines, Iowa. He has also held appointments as Clinical Faculty Assistant in Oculoplastics at St. Lukes Hospital in Cleveland. His last academic appointment was that of Clinical Assistant Professor at Northeastern Ohio Universities College of Medicine (NEOUCOM). He now devotes his entire professional efforts here at Novus Clinic, and serves as President.