James L. Johnston, Jr., DO
Board Certified Ophthalmologist
- Cataract-Lens Implant Surgery
- Visian ICL
- ReSTOR IOL
- Crystalens IOL
- Laser Refractive Surgery
- General and Pediatric Ophthalmology
- Laser Wrinkle Reduction
- Laser Hair Removal
- Botox Cosmetic Treatments
- Restylane Treatments
- Juvederm Treatments
- Radiesse Treatments
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Osteopathic Colleges of Ophthalmology
- Otolaryngology, and Head and Neck Surgery
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- North American Neuro-Ophthalmology Society
- American Osteopathic Association
- Akron General Medical Center
- Robinson Memorial Hospital
- Summa Health System
- Cuyahoga Falls General Hospital
Dr. James L. Johnston, Jr., is a graduate of Ohio University College of Osteopathic Medicine. He completed his internship at Cuyahoga Falls General Hospital. After a year of Internal Medicine training at St. Thomas Medical Center in Akron, he completed a residency in Ophthalmology and a fellowship in Neuro-Ophthalmology at Michigan State University.
Dr. Johnston is certified to perform Laser Refractive Surgery using the Summit, Nidek and VISX laser systems.
Dr. Johnston also pursued advanced training in several areas of non-invasive facial rejuvenation. Training included laser hair removal, Sciton laser replenishment treatments and various facial contouring techniques using Botox Cosmetic, Radiesse, Restylane and Juvederm filling agent for wrinkle reduction and facial augmentation.
Dr. Johnston has several national publications and has received awards for research papers he has authored.